Ten on Tuesday #9

8.02.2011

This week's ten on Tuesday is ten things I love about my family beach vacations (since I'm currently vacationing).  Although, this is certainly not everything because I love everything about our vacations, even the car ride.

1. Reading books on the beach.  There is nothing better than reading a good (or bad) book with your toes in the sand and water surrounded by salt air.



2.  Boogie boarding-love this ocean activity especially when there's big waves.


3.  The ocean-duh!


4.  Going for long walks & searching for sea glass.


5.  Lighthouses-I love our yearly climb to the top.


6. Sitting in a beach chair under an umbrella.


7.  Riding the sky buckets & visiting the boardwalk.


8.  Sunshine & sunsets.


9.  Visiting Ron Jon Surf Shop & Dixie Crossroads, even if I only enjoy the corn fritters!


10.  Pirate putt putt-a fun way to end a perfect day.


11.  I had to add one more-spending time with my dad!


12 Sweet Notes:

MellyB said...

This made me want to jump in my car and hit up the ocean stat! We are lake people in this part of the country, no lighthouses. Not fair.

For years my husband has had a Ron Jon t-shirt and I had no idea it was a real place.

Kristin Noelle said...

Looks like a blast, Delaney! I always tell my boyfriend (whose last name is Delaney by the way), that I want an English Bulldogg sooo badly. He promises one day to get me one haha. I giggled when I saw the dog on the boogie board haha.

And I looove finding sea glass!

Great post!

Kristin Noelle
http://kristinsblogofshenanigans.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I'm ready to go to the beach again! One of my favorite summer skirts is from Ron Jons...the elastic is going out, but it's white and gauzy, and just screams summer! Love this post!

Jessica K
http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

Blogs said...

i love the beach....great shots!

Amy Bennett said...

Reading is definitely my favorite!

Darby Hawley said...

I love this list today, and I can't tell you how jealous I am! Have fun!

Stacie said...

I love the beach so much - these make me jealous I am not there now!

Miranda said...

Ah, heavenly! We have no beach where we live and the ocean is a province away. We have a river close by but the water has risen so high that there's little chance that we will see any sandy "beach" this summer. We do have beautiful sunsets though :).

Rebecca said...

I love searching for seaglass! so many people dont know what it is, its crazy!

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun. I don't usually like the beach but you're pictures make me want to go.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Oh Man! I LOVE the beach - and I haven't been able to go in forever! It's so hot in Texas right now - there's no point in going - you'd blister your feet on the sand!

Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I've never heard of sea glass, we don't have that here in Southern California. Love the list!

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.