Father's Day Gifting

6.17.2011

Unless you live under a rock, you're probably aware by now that Father's Day is this Sunday.  I love this holiday, mostly because I love my dad.  While I try to make every day a day of appreciation for my dad, it doesn't always happen, so having this holiday is extra nice.  When it comes to getting my dad presents, he's hard to shop for, and will never tell you what he wants/needs.  When asked, he usually just wants a handmade card (which he always gets), but that's not enough for me.  Here's what my dad is getting this Father's Day:


All of the presents
Lucinda Williams-Blessed Deluxe Edition
Beach Mix CD for our Vacation (Live in the Sunshine, Swim the sea, Drink the fresh air)
Updated picture frame for his room...the current picture is 2 years old (oops!)
The front of his card, courtesy of Wordle

Oh & on top of all of this, I've finally finished loading all of his CDs onto the computer & his iPod.  The grand total was around 5,500 songs!

Now it's your turn.  What did you buy/make for the dad in your life?

P.S. Beach Mix CD playlist for those who are curious
  1. Toes-Zac Brown Band
  2. Free & Easy-Dierks Bentley
  3. Love Shack-B-52's
  4. Where the Boat Leaves From-Zac Brown Band
  5. Wash Away-Joe Purdy
  6. Drift Away-Uncle Kracker
  7. Sail Away-Sister Hazel
  8. Let It Go-Zac Brown Band
  9. One Love-Bob Marley
  10. Jessica-The Allman Brothers
  11. No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem-Kenny Chesney
  12. Barefoot Children in the Rain-Jimmy Buffett
  13. Ocean Front Property-George Strait
  14. Knee Deep (feat. Jimmy Buffett)-Zac Brown Band
  15. Surfer Girl-Beach Boys
  16. Crocodile Rock-Elton John
  17. Surfin' Safari-Beach Boys
  18. It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere-Jimmy Buffett
  19. Beer in Mexico-Kenny Chesney
  20. Love The One You're With-John Hiatt
P.P.S. I had 99 followers as of Thursday night...I'm thinking of doing a 100 follower giveaway.  If you have something you'd like to donate for the giveaway/want to sponsor the giveaway, leave me a comment with your contact information. Thanks for being awesome!

10 Sweet Notes:

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

Hey Delaney! I loved the toy storage suggestions you gave me! Please email me at fairlyfabulous@hotmail.com so we can talk about your guest post. ;)

Darby Hawley said...

What great gift ideas for your dad! He will love them!

Dacia said...

You're Dad is so lucky! What fun and thoughtful gifts! New follower here :)

Unknown said...

What a lucky dad you have! :) I got my dad the new True Grit DVD. Westerns are kind of his thing... haha! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!
p.s. I shared this on the facebook page today! ;)

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

Great gift idea.. thanks for sharing!

love it

LIsa

Jamie said...

Those are so sweet! I bet he will be thrilled to know he has a daughter that loves him so much. Handmade gifts are the BEST!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I hope you will follow and also participate in the "share your blog" fun on my page. Here's the link: http://www.day-and-age-design.com/2010_05_01_archive.html

Jamie
day-and-age-design.com

Marlee said...

This was a great post! I found you at the Hop Along Friday Blog Hop and am glad I did, am a happy new follower :).

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

Bree said...

It's all so personalized; I'm sure he'll love it! My dad is so dang hard to buy for! There's Christmas, his birthday, and Father's Day all kind of bang, bang, bang. Never know what to get!

Karen Greenberg said...

That looks like a great gift. I hope your dad enjoys the day!

My dad is a lot like yours. He doesn't ever seem to want or need anything. Since he has to work today, we celebrated yesterday. We made him dinner and brought dessert, and we hung out for the evening. It was a good time.

I'm stopping by from the Father's Day hop. I hope you have a fantastic week!

Sarah said...

Sadly, I didn't do too much! My dad doesn't like the pomp and circumstance - just more of being around us. YOU went all out though - hope he loved everything!

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.