Splatter Paint Fun
The project I'm sharing with you today was actually completed with one of my best friends two summers ago. We were in Hobby Lobby looking around at art & decorations for my dorm room, when she mentioned a project we could do. Her other friend had done this project with some art in her room, and loved it. After hearing her out, we decided it was a plan, and splatter paint art was born.
The first step was to get all our supplies:
The next step (once we got home, of course) was to put on appropriate painting clothing:
Then we headed down to the basement, laid out a cloth over the ping pong table & got to work. We found that the best technique was getting a lot of paint on the brush & then letting it drizzle off along the canvas. We also tried brush strokes, throwing it, etc. Basically, you can do whatever you want to get the desired effect. You can also paint a quote or a stencil on top of the splatter paint once it dries. I originally had planned to use a paisley stamp, but decided not to. This project was such a success, that we sent my friends mom out to get more canvases, so that she could paint some for herself too! & to this today, this is the most commented on art in my room at school.

Here's the finished product:

This is such a fun project to do with friends, kids, etc. Plus, it's simple and cheap & in the end, you get a one-of-a-kind piece of art that is sure to be a conversation piece. So, get out there & get splattered!
As a sidenote: My button's being featured on Blogaholic Social Network. You should go check it out & sign up!
15 Sweet Notes:
Ok, so I am gonna admit that I teared up a little reading your side bar. I am so homesick! I havent been back to Tennessee in over 3 years. SOUTHERN PRIDE!!
New follower from the hop!
Paula
http://realhousewifeofsingapore.blogspot.com
That looks like a ton of fun!
I am a new follower from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! www.mooseandtater.com
That's a great idea! Thank you for stopping by via The 36th Avenue.
http://balatong-balatong.blogspot.com/
Great idea! I love that you made your own art, rather than a print or poster. Thanks for sharing at Pinkalicious Thursday!
XOXO,
Tasha
Great Idea! Just stopping by from the hop.. i am a new follower.. look forward to reading more post.
xoxo,
Lisa
http://versatileedgyworld.blogspot.com/
Hi,
I'm stopping by from friday blog hop, hope you will follow back.
April
I love this - so simple but so pretty. Thanks for sharing it!
Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine
Gotta love thrifty and fun! I remember trying to decorate during college... Cheap and bright was always the best way to go! Looks like this would fit! ;) Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!! Have a great weekend!!!
That IS a great idea! I might have to get my girls together and let them make their own bits of art for their room this summer. :-)
Just dropping by from the Finding New Friends Hop...
LOVE your name, by the way... That's my youngest daughter's name as well. :-D
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!
~Dawna
http://www.hiccupsintime.com
Looks like lots of fun and I might have to try it with my daughter. I found you through Freaky Friday Hop and am now a follower!
Yankee Texan Mom
So much fun! My sister did something similar with my nieces - it turned out awesome (then, she turned her back and they wrote their names on the FRONT of the canvas - she was heartbroken). I followed you today from the 36th Avenue Share Awesomeness Thursday linky where I've linked up my quilled birdhouse if you want to stop by.
Hugs,
Antonella :-)
I love this project! Great colors too.
Dee
Your new follower
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! College gals unite!! haha :) These are so cute! love the bright colors. I want to try now!!
@Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims
You totally should! Super fun & easy!
Jackson Pollock would be so proud! Great project and thanks for linking up at The Sunday Showcase- see you this Sunday!
Post a Comment
I heart comments & I heart you! ♥
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.