Tune Tuesday #3

6.21.2011

Tune Tuesday time! This week has a theme: songs with your name in it.

You would think growing up with a name like Delaney, I wouldn't have a song with my name in it, but you're wrong.  Not only is there one song, there are two songs with the name Delaney in them.

The first song is Delaney Talks to Statues by Jimmy Buffet.  And, while I personally do not talk to statues, it's still a pretty exciting song:




Delaney talks to statues
As she dances ’round the pool
She chases cats through roman ruins
And stomps on big toadstools
She speaks a language all her own
That I cannot discover
But she knows I love her so
When I tuck her ’neath the covers

Chorus:
Father, daughter
Down by the water
Shells sink, dreams float
Life’s good on our boat

Delaney draws me pictures
She finger paints the sand
We chase the dogs and hop like frogs
Then I do my bad handstands
She’s growin’ up too fast for me
And askin’ lots of questions
Some I know the answers to
And some I’m lookin’ for suggestions

Chorus:
Father, daughter
Born by the water
Surf’s up, sun’s down
Life in a beach town

And some of the things I’ve seen
Maybe she won’t have to see
But there’s a lot I want to pass along
That was handed down to me

Delaney talks to statues
As she dances ’round the pool
She chases cats through roman ruins
And stomps on big toadstools
She speaks a language all her own
Just a little like her mother
And she knows I love her so
When I tuck her ’neath the covers

Chorus:
Father, daughter
Down by the water
Shells sink, dreams float
Life’s good on our boat
Shells sink, dreams float
Life’s good on our boat 

The second song with my name in it is Miss Delaney by Jacks Mannequin.  This song sort of became my theme song & nickname during high school, although the lyrics didn't exactly apply...



Finally, I'm letting go
Of all my downer thoughts
In no time there'll be
One less sad robot
Looking for a chance to be
Something more than just metal
Now I'm going part time
With a film projectionist
And she's the vinyl queen
From my surfer dream
She likes the beach boys
More than radio metal
And she's so good
But, she's no good for me

Oh, Miss Delaney
What's the matter?
You waited by the window
(You waited by the window)
I waited by the door
Oh, Miss Delaney
Where's your boyfriend?
He isn't up in heaven, so
Why treat him like he's dead

It's not that everyday
Everyday is coming up
With the green grass
But the times pass, when
I think of you
Whenever I'm at dinner

Finally
I've found someone to dull this lonely scene
I don't spend my nights searching for earthquakes (oh)
It's biblical how fucked my sleep can be
But she won't sleep with me

Oh, Miss Delaney
What's the matter?
You waited by the window
I waited by the door
Oh, Miss Delaney
Where's your boyfriend?
He isn't up in heaven, so
Why treat him like he's dead
Like he's dead, like he's dead

From here you can find everything
Arin, I
Would never lie to you

Oh, Miss Delaney (Miss Delaney)
Whatcha sad for?
You waited by the window
And I was kicking down your door
Oh, Miss Delaney
Where's your boyfriend?
(Where's your boyfriend)
He isn't up in heaven, so
Why treat him like he's dead

Oh, Miss Delaney 


So, now it's your turn.  I want to know what song features your name in it.  Feel free to comment with your response, or if you want to be really awesome, link up to Tune Tuesday with your response, and share my button so that others can join in!

Sweet Tea Serendipity










3 Sweet Notes:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on your blog! It's really pretty and summery!

I'm a new follower from Follow Me Chickadee! I would love it if you would stop by and follow me back!

http://peacefulwishing.com

Karen said...

New follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday!

http://practicalfrugality.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-me-back-tuesday.html

Lexie Lane said...

This is a really beautiful song! I do love Jimmy Buffet


I found your site from another blog. I wanted to tell you personally that I have a site that allows women to engage and really connect with each other. You won't find the same unpromising atmosphere that you normally do in other mommy blog communities. Our site allows you to gain INSTANT followers (yes, they really do follow, you'll see), INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC, and have a chance to connect with some great women. We also have a directory where you would have a chance to have your site and a few of your content inserted so that it may link directly from our site to yours giving you added traffic.

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Lexie Lane
www.voiceboks.com

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.