The Last Summer

6.03.2011

This is officially my last summer as a student before I embark upon my last semester at college, and then off to the real world.  As such, I'm taking it easier than I had planned.

The past couple of summers I worked at a dog kennel, which was super fun and laid back and volunteered at a couple of places, including the Child Development Association.

This summer I'm interning for this great company called Footprints Publishing which publishes local magazines.  Currently they publish four magazines, and will be splitting one of their current magazines into two in the fall.  This has been a great experience thus far.  I'm doing all of their Facebooking, writing stories, attending meetings and getting the inside scoop on the whole magazine making process all for the price of free.  While it would have been amazing to get a big wig internship or one that was paid, I also feel that I'm getting to learn and do more with the one I have, especially since they let me decide what I would like to do.  You should check out our Facebook pages and magazines for community news, coupons, photos and more: AroundAbout North FultonAroundAbout Woodstock, AroundAbout East Canton, AroundAbout West Canton.  Live in another community?  AroundAbout publications are in other regions including Cobb, Towne Lake and Cumming, and best of all, they're free!

I was also hoping to find a part time job to fill in the time when I wasn't doing my internship work, but it seems that I will not be gainfully employed for the time being.  Instead, I will continue tanning, playing with the dog, reading, relaxing, freelancing, blogging and hopefully volunteering with the local humane society or Advocates for Children.  And, at the end of the summer I will be taking a trip to my favorite beach in Florida, New Smyrna Beach.

What are your summer plans?  Taking any exciting trips?  Working?  Volunteering?  Taking on some intense home-improvement projects?  I wanna know!

1 Sweet Notes:

Ann Jones said...

I need a vacation this summer :) Following you now from the weekend hop, have a great rest of your weekend! You can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.