Weekend Wrap-Up

6.05.2011

It's been a pretty exciting weekend around here.  Here's the weekend wrap-up:

Friday: I attended a meeting at my internship and did some work during the day.  I also waited on the AT&T man who never came, so I'll be repeating that whole process again next week.  In the evening we went to town for dinner at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants, and then we played baseball as a family with the dog playing as our outfielder.  I also relaxed while watching the Braves take on and defeat the dreaded New York Mets.

Saturday: I woke up to delicious bacon and cheese biscuits that my dad had gotten from a local breakfast place.  Then we worked in the yard spreading pine straw and other tasks.  Some family members dropped by to see the renovated farm house around lunch time.  We ate leftovers from the night before for a quick lunch, and then took some successful naps.  Later in the afternoon, I got my tan on, while my dad did some more work around the house and in his workshop.  I also got to talk to one of my best friends on the phone...I loved getting to catch up with her especially since we're apart for the summer.  We went to town again to pick up the car from the shop, to run some errands and then to get some dinner.  At night, we played another game of baseball, although our outfielder wasn't interested in playing, and we unfortunately watched the Braves lose to their Northern rivals.

Sunday: I spent the morning cleaning up the house and getting ready for a visit from one of my very best friends, Tori, and her mom.  They arrived just before lunch, and after a tour and some catching up, we headed to get some food.  We ended up eating at Sonic because Honey Baked Ham was closed.  But, we also got to look at all of the yard sales going on for the Dixie Highway Yard Sale, which stretches from north Georgia all the way into Tennessee!  Sadly, their visit was short because my friend had a babysitting job later in the afternoon.  So, I spent the rest of the afternoon reading and relaxing, trying to stay out of the heat.  Later on, we had to go to the grocery store to buy dinners for the next week, and now I'm waiting for the Braves game to start and hoping that it doesn't storm.

The picture frame Tori & her mom brought me as a housewarming gift

The dog & I relaxing

One of the books I just finished reading & loved!

What did you do this weekend?  Visit any yard sales?  Find a great new restaurant?  Complete any home improvement projects?  Find a cool way to beat the heat?  I want to hear all about it!

0 Sweet Notes:

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.