My grandfather kept honey bees, and jarred his own honey, which he also sold. Because of this, we inherited a ton of mason jars of all shapes & sizes. Recently, I went through them all (over 50 probably), and ended up keeping around a dozen (I wanted to take a picture, but I temporarily misplaced the container...).
Decorative
Sea glass filled
My question to you today is how should I use these mason jars? I've thought of ideas such as decoration, desk organization, vases, but I want more! I want to know how you use mason jars in your home or how you would use them if you could.
Thanks for linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. I've seen somebody made a lantern out of mason jars, and another using it as a decorative glass for strawberry punch :)
Oh, my husband wouldn't let me use Mason jars for anything b/c he'd say that they look too "Country". He's all stainless steel, gray and maple. I've got to figure out ways to sneak "country" in! LOL I've seen some people make lights out of them or put pictures in them. The pictures in Mason jars are very cute and easy. You just put the pictures in and the mason jars are like a cylindrical "frame". I might try it with bottles, since those would be less "country". Thanks for stopping by the S&R weekend hop! See you next weekend
Hi! I am your newest follower! Saw you on Measuring Flower - Monday mingle blog hop! I look forward to your posts!! If you get a chance, check out www.basketsbysadi.blogspot.com!
I use mason jars as glasses for drinking out of, for sprouting alfalfa and other good to eat sprouts, for mixing up iced tea, and for storing food or liquids in instead of using plastic containers.
If you have small ones you can use them as glasses. I love that. another idea is to wrap wire around them, put a candle inside and hand them from trees as lanterns. Good luck!
It's my first time on Blog Hop Monday. I'm following your amazing blog. I'm an author and have an education tips blog. Looking forward to networking with you.
Cool mason jars. My husband and I are into canning now. We just made plum jam from our own plum trees.
I am loving your blog and those mason jars! There is so much you can do with those. The things I am thinking are all for holidays. Like light (put a light in the bottom of the jar) jac-o-laterns. You would paint the jar orange and put on vinyl to make the face.
I store my kids art supplies in a series of large jars- think they are quart sized? Paintbrushes in one jar, crayons in another, glitter glue pens, colored pencils, etc. They look really cute lined up altogether. Pretty sure I stole the idea from another blog!
I love mason jars!! I use them for everything! I can never part with any of them. I use them to hold different scented items, organizers, drink glasses for summer parties, you name it.. I've used them.
I actually just filled some mason jars today with pasta after my lovely toddlers decided to destroy the boxes that the pasta came in. :)
They weren't totally big enough- I had to split each box between two jars but I think it actually looks really cute. You could try doing that instead of traditional canisters!
13 Sweet Notes:
Thanks for linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. I've seen somebody made a lantern out of mason jars, and another using it as a decorative glass for strawberry punch :)
I love mason jars! I use them for everything! Following from the Monday Mom blog hop :).
http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/
Oh, my husband wouldn't let me use Mason jars for anything b/c he'd say that they look too "Country". He's all stainless steel, gray and maple. I've got to figure out ways to sneak "country" in! LOL I've seen some people make lights out of them or put pictures in them. The pictures in Mason jars are very cute and easy. You just put the pictures in and the mason jars are like a cylindrical "frame". I might try it with bottles, since those would be less "country". Thanks for stopping by the S&R weekend hop! See you next weekend
Hi! I am your newest follower! Saw you on Measuring Flower - Monday mingle blog hop! I look forward to your posts!! If you get a chance, check out www.basketsbysadi.blogspot.com!
I use mason jars as glasses for drinking out of, for sprouting alfalfa and other good to eat sprouts, for mixing up iced tea, and for storing food or liquids in instead of using plastic containers.
If you have small ones you can use them as glasses. I love that. another idea is to wrap wire around them, put a candle inside and hand them from trees as lanterns. Good luck!
It's my first time on Blog Hop Monday. I'm following your amazing blog. I'm an author and have an education tips blog. Looking forward to networking with you.
Cool mason jars. My husband and I are into canning now. We just made plum jam from our own plum trees.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
I am loving your blog and those mason jars! There is so much you can do with those. The things I am thinking are all for holidays. Like light (put a light in the bottom of the jar) jac-o-laterns. You would paint the jar orange and put on vinyl to make the face.
Visiting from the Alexa hop :) Am also a new follower! I love what you did with those jars :)
I store my kids art supplies in a series of large jars- think they are quart sized? Paintbrushes in one jar, crayons in another, glitter glue pens, colored pencils, etc. They look really cute lined up altogether. Pretty sure I stole the idea from another blog!
Ooh, I would use them for jam or pickles. Or, maybe to store all my little things for crafts.
Stopping by from the Alexa hop.
http://www.meldreamsoften.com/2011/06/knitting-in-summer.html
I love mason jars!! I use them for everything! I can never part with any of them. I use them to hold different scented items, organizers, drink glasses for summer parties, you name it.. I've used them.
I actually just filled some mason jars today with pasta after my lovely toddlers decided to destroy the boxes that the pasta came in. :)
They weren't totally big enough- I had to split each box between two jars but I think it actually looks really cute. You could try doing that instead of traditional canisters!
Post a Comment
I heart comments & I heart you! ♥
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.