Crafty Designs

6.09.2011

Okay, first off I would like to give a shout out to all of you.  Not only did I more than double my followers in one day, I also had over 200 page visits (usually I max out at around 50).  Needless to say, this is awesome, and I heart y'all so much.

Now, onto today's post.

I decided to get a little crafty yesterday after working on internship/blogging stuff all morning & running my sweet puppy to the vet for an emergency visit for a swollen ear in the afternoon.  Thankfully, after over an hour of waiting, the vet prescribed some medicine & the dog will be just fine (& I avoided surgery, which I thought she'd need).

My first project was to repair my broken picture frame that I love.  I take this frame with me to college for my dresser in my apartment, and I update the pictures every summer without fail.

See broken frame:



Thankfully a hot glue gun what just what I needed to fix the frame & love:


My second craft was to spice up the initials I hang on my wall.  They used to always hang above my bed, but the wall is too low there at the new house, so they face the bed now.

Before:


The ribbon:


Fold over the ribbon to form a loop:


Then fold over the other side:


Trim:


Finished project:


So there you have it.  I wanna know what DIY projects you've been up to.  Be sure to comment & check out the link parties I'm participating in on my link party page.

8 Sweet Notes:

Shana said...

Very crafty! I love my glue gun! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Thursday Cup of Joe Blog Hop. Would love a visit and follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks!

Lauren said...

Very nice work with the glue gun! My latest project was making some valances. I posted a tutorial on my blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

Delaney said...

Thanks y'all. Thankfully I didn't manage to burn myself!

lindy said...

Wow! You got so much more done than me today! ...Ugh, now I feel guilty. :P
Thanks for stopping by earlier, I'm your newest follower!

Patricia said...

I love your blog you are so crafty.
I have chosen you to be among those to receive the Sunshine Award. Congrats.
Stop by and find out how to collect your award. Keep up the good work!

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunshine-award-applause-please.html

Pamela said...

I have that same frame so now I know what to do when it breaks. :-)

I'm a new follower from Home is Where My Story Begins.

Have a joy-filled day!
Pamela

Unknown said...

How cute! Love the bows.


Bella Vida by Letty

Delaney said...

Glad I could help! Thanks for the love!

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.