Getting Smart [[Phoned]]

6.11.2011


I honestly planned to get an iPhone 4, I really did.  I'd been waiting, dreaming and scheming for months.  But, when I walked into my local Verizon, and told the salesman exactly what I wanted, he suggested I look into the Droid phones.  He proceeded to show me both phones and explained the differences in the two phones from applications to insurance to speed.  I could do everything I wanted from an iPhone, but faster and better from the Droid.  He also added that unlike the iPhone 4, I could try out the Droid phone of my choice for 14 days, and return it if I still wanted the iPhone.  So, that's how I ended up walking out of the store a good hour and a half later with the Samsung Charge run by the Android Network.

iPhone 4

Samsung Charge
Now, I've had this phone a little over 12 hours, and I would definitely say I'm still getting used to it.  But, so far, I've liked what I've seen.  My only real concern is the size.  It's a little bit bigger than the iPhone, but I think I'll get used to it eventually.  I've never had a big, data capable phone before, so I new the size would be an adjustment with any new phone.

So I guess this is what they call the adjustment period.  Thankfully, I know that in 14 days, if I still want the iPhone, I can still go back to the store.  I'm not thinking that will be the case, but you never know.

Do you have the iPhone or a Droid phone?  Have you used both?  What's your opinion?  I want to know what you think.

10 Sweet Notes:

Unknown said...

Hi, I just landed here from Boost My Blog FridayBlog Hop. I'm a brand new follower.
Bella Vida by Letty
Have a great day.

Kristy said...

Hey girl! I have the IPhone 4 and I LOVE IT!! I had the Droid before I got the IPhone, but it was one of the 1st models that came out, so I'm sure the one that you have, has way more features than mine did!?!?
Now that I have the IPhone, I honestly don't know how I lived without it! There is literally an app for anything and everything. Facebook, twitter, blog, email, safari, and list goes on and on! I even downloaded A LOT of educational games that I got for my kids to play on it, for FREE.
Hope this helps!
xo,
Kristy

Delaney said...

Thanks Kristy!

~Mommy's Outside Voice~ said...

I still have a blackberry but my husband has the EVO and swears by it! I'm at the point that I'm ready to move away from blackberry so the Evo is probably my next step! I’m stopping by as I Hop in the FNF blog hop! I Hope you’ll stop by my blog:)

Hppt://www.mommysoutsidevoice.blogspot.com

Donna said...

Thanks for joining the Sunday Strolling Blog Hop! I'm following back. I have a Droid and my husband has an iPhone 4. We both love our phones but we have found that there are some apps you have to pay for with the iPhone that are free on Droid. I also get frustrated that most of the apps are available for the iPhone first - which of course my husband has to brag about.

Donna

Tiff said...

Following from the hop... I love my smart phone and my hubby's... We have blackberrys and iPhones..

Delaney said...

Mommy's-Thanks for your input!

Donna-I love that just about all the apps are free! The only thing I'm disappointed with so far is that Skype doesn't have video chat like it does on the iPhone.

Tiff-Thanks!

Lisa Weidknecht said...

I'm a new follower! Follow me too? Weidknecht.blogspot.com

Patricia said...

I have a blackberry pearl smart phone. Way smarter than me because I don't know how to use all the features after two months.
Following you via weekend blog hop. I am already following you blog every way I can. Stop by my blog and follow however you like.

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

DisneyMom said...

New follower via GFC

Beauty Brite!

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.