Mixing Work with Pleasure

6.23.2011

So yesterday was a pretty awesome day.  I got an early start to the morning because I had a full day ahead.

My first stop was my weekly visit to my internship.  I didn't go last week because the owners were on vacation, so we spent some time catching up and reviewing everything I had been working on.  I also did some copy editing for one of next month's issues of their magazine, and watched one of their amazing graphic designers work her magic.  By that time, it was almost noon & I had to head on out to my next stop!

I left my internship and headed a little bit further south to visit my wonderful friend Tori.  I've known her since I was about a year old when we attended day care at the same sweet old lady's house.  We've been inseparable ever since, and I consider her to be a sister & her mom a second mom.

For lunch, Tori, her mom & I dined at one of my favorite restaurants, The Fickle Pickle.  Everything from the appetizers to the deserts is delicious & the setting is b-e-a-utiful!

Post-lunching.  Notice that we both have bags of leftovers, yum!
On our way home, we stopped by some newly renovated condos just for fun.  We took a little tour, and I must say these town homes were gorgeous! I would love to live in one if the price weren't so high!

Love this light fixture!
Gorgeous Kitchen
Beautiful Built-Ins
Humungous Shower...You could easily fit 5 people!
Fine outdoor living.
My final stop with Tori was to the pool!  I hadn't gotten to go swimming once since I'd been home for summer, so I really enjoyed getting to relax & chat.



We made it back to her house just in time for it to start pouring rain.  I drove home in a sheer downpour, but it was definitely worth it because of the amazing day I had!

Oh & to top things off, when I got home there was a lovely J.Crew catalog waiting for me.  I now want to purchase these items (plus about a gazillion more...):

Short-sleeve merino hoodieJacinta camiPerfect shirt in islet paisley


I hope y'all had a great Wednesday too!  I wanna hear all about your (mis)adventures!

11 Sweet Notes:

Unknown said...

Hi from your latest follower. I found you blog hopping. Love the photos. Glad to have found you. Be sure to check out me out at www.acceptandembraceautism.blogspot.com Sarah

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous home that is! That kitchen! Oh my!!! It does appear you had a great day! Hope today is too!!
(I'm glad I found you via the hop!:)

Nicole Orriëns said...

Sounds like a lovely wednesday.

momfever.com

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

WOW!!!!!! That condo is amazing!!!! And I love the color of that second shirt you posted from JCrew! :) Thanks for stopping by Travel Babbles! xo

Unknown said...

thank you for dropping by and following me. I am here, following back! love that shower in that condo! and the kitchen...mmm. I think its the wall planking that gets me, its so country!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Sounds like an exciting day! And any place that's named after a pickle is a place I want to dine at mmm!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Ali Holt said...

thanks for stopping by n.c. baby blog!im now following you back! hope you will come by and enter the summer days of giveaways!

ali
www.ncbabyblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh I want that kitchen!! And that was a fun filled day!!
Thanks for following my site! I'm returning the follow!
Ro :)
http://www.MommyMindSpa.com

Gena @ Life With Captain Fussybuckets said...

Hey! Thanks for following my blog! I'm following back! CUTE blog!!!

http://captainfussybuckets.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi - visiting via P&G Thursday - Am your newest Follower :o)

You have a cool internship - a great stepping stone!

Enjoy the summer!

Linda

Quirky Homemaker said...

Love that red tank! And that porch is to die for! Thanks for stopping by the S&R weekend hop!!

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.