Celebrating in Atlanta

7.16.2011

Monday was one of my best friends/my "little sisters" birthday!  She turned the ripe old age of 20 & is no longer a teenager!  To celebrate the day, I went to my old hometown to visit her.

The first thing we did was open presents, of course!  I got her a super cute pair of earrings from Ninth Street Notions.  They sell cute things:

Small Turquoise Blue Rose Post EarringsReversible Cute Owl and Stripes Green and Pink Tote BagLight Purple Chrysanthemum Necklace

Then, we headed off on an adventure with her mom!  Our adventure took us first to Chick-Fil-A to get some lemonade, yum!  Our next stop, Atlanta!

In Atlanta, we headed straight for Atlantic Station & the Bodies Exhibit.  It turned out to be really informative & interesting, although slightly creepy.  If you're not a fan of dead bodies, I wouldn't suggest going.  They wouldn't let us take purses/cameras/cell phones into it, so we settled for a picture outside.





Our next stop was to get some lunch.  My friend Tori choose Cafe Nineteen.  I found this a bit ironic since she was no longer nineteen, but nonetheless the lunch was delicious.  The gracious waitstaff even gave her a birthday desert!




Our final stop in Atlanta was Ikea.  Oh the wonderful things that can be found there...We went for picture frames, but of course we walked through the whole store admiring everything!





After Ikea, we headed home because it had been a long, successful afternoon & Tori still had to go to class (on her birthday, no less)!  We took one final "sister" picture, so that I can update our picture frame & then I too made my journey home.


Did you do anything exciting this week?  Celebrate birthdays?  Look at dead bodies?  I want to hear all about it!

12 Sweet Notes:

I am Cute Mammi. said...

Cute!!!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm following you now, please follow me back!
www.cutemammi.com

Kimberley said...

Good morning! New follower via Wild Card Hop. Cute blog, and it looks like your sister had a wonderful bday! Drop on by and see me if you get the chance, thanks!

Kimberley
http://davisdailydose.blogspot.com/

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

aww, what a great birthday! We were just in Atlanta last week - it was the 1st stop on our road trip- and we had a fabulous time. We saw posters for the bodies exhibit but I knew it would be too much for my 5 & 4 yr old (yikes!) I have been so curious about seeing it though!

2 Kids and a Coupon said...

Sounds fun! New follower for twitter, FB and GFC from the Saturday Stalk. Hope you can stop by!

Kim @ 2 Kids and a Coupon
www.twokidsandacoupon.com
2kidsandacoupon(at)gmail.com

Joy said...

HAHA - ummm, no on the looking at dead bodies this week. But it looks like y'all had fun. I have never been to Ikea, but feel like that is a must, very soon!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Shannon said...

What a fun day! It's always nice to spend time with friends :)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. The photos look great. I love shopping at Ikea.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

Deborah said...

What a sweet time you had with your sis!
Sounds like alot of fun!!
And Ikea...well, just love going there!
Thanks for dropping in, and come again; I'll make us some cold lemonade! :)

Deborah xo

LaVonne said...

That owl bag is super cute! And I need to head to my local Ikea soon. I love those lighting options.

I am stopping by from the Wild Card Weekend blog hop. Nice to "meet" you.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Super cute fun birthday for your friend. I bet she loved every minute of it. Well maybe not the dead bodies. lol I've gone past the Bodies Exhibit many times in NYC. It does seen pretty cool.
Dee

Wendi said...

What a fun day! Stopping by from the Alexa Hop - hope you'll visit sometime. :)

Wendi

Jamie said...

It looks like you two had a great time! IKEA is so awesome. :) Thank you for linking up this week...I hope to see you again next Saturday!

Jamie
day-and-age-design.com

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.