Everyone Needs a Little Bit of Magic

7.14.2011

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Tomorrow.  It all ends.  The last Harry Potter movie premieres at midnight.

This is a time of mixed emotions for me.  I grew up with Harry Potter.  He has almost always been a part of my life.

I can remember sitting on my mom's bed at the age of 6 (or so), and her trying to read me the story about a boy named Harry and the world of Hogwarts.  I absolutely hated it.

A couple of years passed, and I was finally ready to embrace the magical wizarding world.

My mom would read the books to me out loud during long car trips.  I couldn't read on car trips because I would get car sick, so it was a great way to pass the time.

The tradition continued for many years, but around the time of the 5th book, I got tired of waiting for car trips to get to hear more.  So, one my friends loaned me her book, which I would read in secret.  

After that, I was finally allowed to read the books on my own, and read I did.  I devoured the last two books, and reread the first ones.  I laughed, cried, worried, learned, just about everything you can imagine.  The characters became real to me, and I could always turn to them.

The movies also started.  Each movie brought the images in my head to life, and captured my imagination.  I grew attached to one Dumbledore, and then another.  Of course, I also reveled in the attractiveness of some of the actors.

Now, the final movie is set to premiere.  There will be no more "new" to the story.  But, I guess, all good things must come to and end.  And really, it's not the end.  I still have the wisdom and lessons taught to me by Dumbledore, Hermoine, Harry, Ron and so many others.  I still have my books and movies that I can indulge in anytime I want a bit of magic in my life.  

Plus, Pottermore will be here before we know it.





Mischief managed.

P.S. Check out my guest post about Pinterest over at Sarah Wears

P.P.S. Check out the blog hop going on in the post below!

P.P.P.S. Have you entered my giveaway yet?  Today is your last chance!


21 Sweet Notes:

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Love those quotes! We are just now sharing the Harry Potter series with our children (we are on the 3rd movie!). They are loving it!

Quirky Homemaker said...

I've never read or seen any of the Harry Potter movies! Can you believe it? LOL My son would love to get his hands on the Harry Potter LEGOs though. Just wanted to let you know that I have given you an award. You can pick it up here:
http://heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com/2011/07/passing-on-awards.html
Congrats!

mymy said...

love the quotes! have read all the Harry Potter novels and loved it! i will definitely watch the movie...

hi, arrived here from I ♥ Blogging Hop and followed you; hope you'll have the time to follow me back.
many thanks!

mymy
http://mybric-a-brac.com/

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you are making me so sad. I cannot wait to see the movie, but will be bawling when it is all over! I am your newest follower from the Thankful For Friends Thursday blog hop!

Sonishka: Far and Away said...

Hi Delaney, i saw u over at "coment love day". End of HP era is so weird, it has been so long and so good! I feel like reading the last book again after reading your post ;-)

http://sonishka.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

I fell in love with the books when I was 16...I was working at a Marshall's and I devoured each one. I think I liked them because my mother would have forbid them. But I fell in love with the story it self. I cried, laughed, and yelled at times...but it was all worth, and I hope some day my daughter enjoys them too.

~ Mona said...

I can't wait to see the movie!
~ Mona : )
Mona’s Milestones

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I am a total book nerd and I have never read or watching harry potter?? p.s I read the girl with the dragon tattoo...I needed a break from the sadness before I start the next book from the series ;)

Ellen said...

New follower here! Please stop by and visit us at http://letterlearning.blogspot.com We specialize in educational greeting cards for kids!

Sarah @ Loved Like the Church said...

I didn't start reading Harry Potter until I was 24, but I love the series all the same. It's bittersweet to have the movies end and everything be officially over. Sigh.

Judy Whatilivefor said...

I didn't get in to Harry Potter until I was in college, when I read all of the books in a semester. It's so weird to think that I grew up with Harry Potter and now my little sister who is 14 is in a different generation with no interest in it.

Peyton @ When All Else Fails Smile said...

I just happened upon your blog and absolutely love your post. I feel the same way about Harry Potter, it is so weird there will be nothing new anymore. I adore the sayings as well.

Karen said...

Visiting from the Alexa Hop from http://practicalfrugality.blogspot.com/. I stumbled this post, Google +1, and followed you;)

Camille {The Lovely Theory} said...

Eep! I adore Harry Potter anything and everything!! I'm doing a post on HP tomorrow too :) I love the first three images you posted especially.

-Camille
http://thelovelytheory.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

I'm sojealous! I wanted to go, but I couldn't make it work with my job :( I cannot WAIT to hear how it was!!

Delaney said...

@Sarah
Sadly, I'm not going at midnight, but I'm going ASAP!

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

It does feel sort of weird that this phenomenon is coming to an end. I haven't read the books - I know, I know, I'm missing out, but I've loved the movies. Can't wait till my youngins are old enough to discover Harry.

Anonymous said...

My husband loves Harry Potter...I go along for the ride!! :) Anyway, stopping by from the Social Parade Blog Hop!
Come say hi when you get a chance!
www.mommysreviewsandgiveaways.com

The Sisters' Hood said...

LOVE it, since we are away on vacation we won't be seeing it this weekend. But we are going to have a marathon of the movies when we get home and then go and see the final! love the quotes btw! Thanks for linking up to the Facebook Hop ... let me know - do you need a hand with a Fan Page?

jacin {lovely little details} said...

how fun! thank you for visiting the blog today, i am now your newest follower as well :)

Jennifer Dawn said...

Love this post. Everyone does need a little magic. :) My husband and I have a date with Harry Potter tonight--the last movie. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world earlier...I'm so glad you did. Your blog is great!

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.