Delaney Goes to the Classic City

7.09.2011

For those of you who don't know, I'm a college student.  Since I've been home for the summer, I've been keeping in touch with all of my amazing friends from college, but it's not the same as seeing them everyday. I decided that the remedy to this situation was to take a day trip to the Classic City, Athens GA, to see some of my friends who stayed for the summer.

After driving two hours & being hit on at a sketchy gas station, my first stop was to one of my best friend's apartments, where the hugging and catching up commenced.  After a little bit, we ventured out to Raising Cane's for some delicious lunch with one of my other friends.

After lunch, we visited one of the local parks.  We wanted to swing on the swingset, but apparently 90 degree heat and black, plastic swings don't mix well.  So, we settled for a quick game of hopscotch & walking around the pond.


Now that we were nice & sweaty, we went back to my friend's apartment & went swimming in the pool, while waiting for our other companion to get off work.  Pools have become a luxury since moving to my new town, so I enjoyed every minute of it.

Once our other friend joined us, we headed off to the State Botanical Gardens.  We originally thought we were going to lay on a blanket in the grass & cloud gaze, but again, the heat got to us after about 5 minutes, so we took a hike down to the river.








After dipping our feet in the luke warm water, we needed to find some water for ourselves because of course we didn't bring any.  After rehydrating, we headed back to the air conditioned apartment, where we played a game of cribbage (after one of my friend's had to go back to the river because he left his phone in the rocks....oops).

By this time, we'd worked up an appetite again, so we headed downtown in search of some grub.  We decided to eat at Pauley's Crepe Bar, which none of us had been too before.  The food was delicious, but not particularly filling.

On our way back to the car, we stopped for some tree climbing & photo time.






By the time we got back to the apartment, it was getting late, and I still had to drive the 2 hours back home, so I said my goodbyes, and headed down the road.

It was a great, but entirely exhausting day!


Did you have any exciting adventures this week?


P.S. Have you entered my giveaway yet?



8 Sweet Notes:

Zerique said...

looks like you guys had a blast on your visit. Oh to be a college student again..... enjoy your friends. its an amazing time as you already seem to know!
thanks for visiting my blog. I truly appreciate it!
-onesweetstory.blogspot.com

Joy said...

Love the pictures and I agree with you — the only way to beat this heat in the South is to find a pool and cool off! We are headed back out to the lake this morning and hopefully we will not dehydrate like we did last weekend. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!!

Jamie said...

The park is beautiful! Wish I was there right now :)

I am glad you stopped by to comment, but definitely come back link up your giveaway today!!!

LaVonne said...

a very fun tree hanging day indeed! Thanks for sharing.

I hope you have a great weekend!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

~ Mona said...

Sounds like a nice way to catch up with friends.
Thanks for linking up to Please feel free to Saturday Suggestions.

~ Mona : )
Mona’s Milestones

Anonymous said...

looks fun! new follower from the blogoholic follow group ;)

www.blueeyedowl.com

Dacia said...

Looks like fun! I'm way past my college days, but they sure were a blast! Thanks for the bloggy visit :)

oomph. said...

It was nice that you were able to meet up. After spending so much time with your peers, you sure do miss them when they are not around! Thanks so much for stopping by [oomph.]!

Rockoomph.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.