Last First Day of School

8.15.2011


Today is my last first day of school.  Or well, it's my last first day until I possibly go back to school for a master's degree.  And technically, tomorrow is my last first day since I don't have all of my classes today.  Still, this is a big deal.

I've progressed all the way from pre-k and kindergarden all the way to the end of college.  From nap time, recess and spelling to college exams, studying and term papers.

But, just one more semester and my hours of reading text books, attending boring lectures and occasionally learning something useful and exciting will be over.

Hours in the classroom and devoted to studying will be replaced by hours in the workplace and free time after work and on the weekends.

It's going to be a big change, and I don't know if I'm ready.  Thankfully, I have one more semester of being a student, hanging out with college friends and enjoying not working.  I also have one more semester to find a job. 

Whatever happens, guess I'm just along for the ride and a whole lot of change.  Wish me luck!


P.S. Have you entered to win in my 500 Follower Giveaways?  If not, check them out: Day 1-Day 2Day 3-Day 4

6 Sweet Notes:

Peyton @ When All Else Fails Smile said...

Good luck and enjoy your last semester!!

Bree said...

I felt the same way last year. It was sad. And actually a few ago, I said to my boyfriend, "this is the first year I'm not buying notebooks and pens for back to school." I may have shed a tear :(

Ellen said...

Enjoy your end of "firsts" this semester. Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading your posts. ~ Ellen

Unknown said...

Good luck, Delaney! Going to school with little ones must be a real challenge!

Jessica

Unknown said...

Good luck!!! Really enjoy this last semester! Even if you go to grad school, it's different. :) Oh, and start looking for a job now! It'll help in the long run! Promise!

Amanda C. said...

Congrats! I was in such a hurry to get finished, and now I can't figure out why! lol

Post a Comment

I heart comments & I heart you! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.